891Re: [j4x-owners-group] How big is your #1?

    May 17 9:01 PM
      I have a Doyle mylar, kevlar, carbon sail that is 155 and it is used all the time for the Wed. night beer can races which are usually in light evening wind.  Sometimes it is a bit much upwind but I make up for it on the downwind and reaching legs.  I would not do well without it.
      Bill      Jaywalker
      PS  It points fine although sometimes it backwinds the main at the mains top.

      Sent from my iPad

      On May 17, 2013, at 9:05 PM, "Tom Keffer" <tkeffer@...> wrote:

      The recent discussion started by Ed got me wondering what people use for a #1 genoa.

      I have a 155%, which I've always thought was way too big. While it certainly has enough area, it doesn't point worth a damn. I'm in the market for a new one, and was thinking more like 140%.

      What do others use?