889Re: [j4x-owners-group] Jefa rudder bearing replacement advice

    May 16, 2013
      I don't think TPI used anti-seize on anything.  But they sure used a lot of 3M 5400. Those items glued together won't come apart either.

      On May 16, 2013, at 3:18 PM, "Frank Flannery" <fflanner@...> wrote:

      Uh oh, I think TPI ran out of anti-seize the day they put my steering
      together. I can't get any of them to budge with a socket wrench. I
      will spray them all with penetrant and try an impact driver in a few
      days.

      Worst case, I think I can cut them at the center seam with a hacksaw
      and then have a machine shop somehow drill out the old ones and put
      new, bigger ones in. Of course, this is in Panama, so who knows....

      Frank

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic