808Re: Adding Solar Panels & wind generator to J-42

  • Paul Lever
    Apr 4, 2013
      On my J/37 while cruising Central America I had stainless bars weld from the pushpit to the lifeline gate entry. Then mounted smaller solar panels on the rail on Magma rail mounts that were tiltable.  This let me put them up during normal conditions and fold them down when they might be in the way. Total  of 350 watts solar using 4 panels. Figure on most days at least one panel would be shaded. Handled all onboard electric when the weather was good. Required using the Yamaha 1000 genset when it was cloudy.

      Paul

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic