753Re: [j4x-owners-group] Harken MKII roller furler and rod rigging question

  • Frank Flannery
    Oct 22, 2012
      I also contacted Harken and received a response at the advice of
      another list member. The answer is to tighten the locking collar up
      (counter-clockwise) against the rod end receiver so it can't turn.

      Frank

      On 10/22/12, Wayne Cassady <wcassady@...> wrote:
      > I have contacted Harken directly many times with questions like this and
      > their technical people are very good. I will send a link.
      > On 10/20/2012 12:12 PM, Frank Flannery wrote:
      >>
      >> I have the Harken MKII roller furler on my J-40. Recently, it was
      >> behaving strangely, so I dissasembled it to find out what was going
      >> on. What I discovered is that the "bronze locking collar" inside the
      >> "torque tube" was loose.
      >>
      >> The manual I found is vague as to whether to tighten the bronze
      >> locking collar counterclockwise, so that it locks against the aluminum
      >> tube above that the rod head is inside of, or to tight it clockwise so
      >> that it tightens something internally I can't see.
      >>
      >> Can anyone clarify?
      >>
      >> Thanks,
      >> Frank

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic