752Re: [j4x-owners-group] Harken MKII roller furler and rod rigging question

    Oct 22, 2012
      I have contacted Harken directly many times with questions like this and their technical people are very good. I will send a link.
      On 10/20/2012 12:12 PM, Frank Flannery wrote:

      I have the Harken MKII roller furler on my J-40. Recently, it was
      behaving strangely, so I dissasembled it to find out what was going
      on. What I discovered is that the "bronze locking collar" inside the
      "torque tube" was loose.

      The manual I found is vague as to whether to tighten the bronze
      locking collar counterclockwise, so that it locks against the aluminum
      tube above that the rod head is inside of, or to tight it clockwise so
      that it tightens something internally I can't see.

      Can anyone clarify?

      Thanks,
      Frank

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic