614RE: [j4x-owners-group] backstay adjuster

  • Robert Thuss
    May 9, 2012

      Agree with the group – I pull the mast every year and it stands up just fine without any stays or shrouds connected – Robert

      From: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Scott Dickinson & Kim Worsham
      Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 11:18 AM
      To: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [j4x-owners-group] backstay adjuster

      Dear Conrad,

      I've disconnected my backstay the same way you describe many times.  I found only the need for slight tension as the mast could stay up by itself.  Of course, this was at dock with minimum winds.  I actually used the Main Halyard to do this and it worked fine (of course it depends on the length of your halyard).

      Scott

      TikiJ J/42