      From: Conrad <cdsail123@...>
      To: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 8:03 AM
      Subject: [j4x-owners-group] backstay adjuster

      I need to have the hydraulic bs reconditioned so I am taking it off and sending to maker (Sailtec).  I have running BS to help support the mast during the process of taking off the hydraulic.  I have not yet taken this mast down so I am not sure how much weight is going to be released once the BS is disconnected.   I am thinking that I can use a jumper rope from the top of the BS to the back rail and then once disconnected insert a rope where the BS was connected.  Is the weight that is release too much for once person to hold until I can replace with the line?