    From:        "tony@..." <tony@...>
    To:        "j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
    Cc:        "j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
    Date:        12/05/2011 11:44 AM
    Subject:        Re: [j4x-owners-group] bunks and storage and water under stove and nav table

    I'm stumped, heard maybe from sinks so I have tried closing sea cocks also heard maybe from the sleeve around the rudder post ! Wonder if Someone knows. Agree on the spot on the floor. I find aft cabin good too. thinking of a folding bunk in the aft cabin. T

    Sent from my iPhone

    On Dec 5, 2011, at 11:10 AM, Wayne Cassady <
    wcassady@...> wrote:

    I have the same water but have always attributed it to the bilge where we usually have a couple of inches of fresh water from the mast. As for the extra bunk, we usually fight over the spot on the cabin sole in the main cabin to port for the least motion. Previous owner had told me this and I thought he was kidding.

    On 12/5/2011 11:05 AM,
    tony@... wrote:

    I'm looking to add some storage and gain an additional bunk for offshore passages.

    THe idea i'm executing for storage is to add a 4 to 6" extension to the port shelf in the V Berth and attaching zippered enclosures, Also I plan to add add some enclosures on the Starboard side shelf without the extension. Curious if anyone has done something different to add storage.

    It seems I'm one bunk short offshore. Has anyone added a bunk either to the main salon or in the aft cabin? If so do you have pictures or tips?

    Lastly sailing up wind in a moderate to heavy sea i get sea water under the cabin sole. When healing it goes under the Nav Table drawers or under the oven. Someties it even ocmes above the floor in the Nav station. Anyone have a good idea of where this water is coming from or how to stop it? I've closed the sink sea cocks. Maybe there are some leaks along the rail, but the volume seems too great for that.

    Tony Iacono Affinity #26

  • Show all 13 messages in this topic