41Re: Rudder Bearing J42

  • dc1reg
    Jul 21, 2008
      The boat was built in Aug 2000 and I've got something more than 11K
      miles on the odometer including a trip to Bermuda and the BVIs.
      The rudder's been hanging up since launch this spring and getting
      worse. This last weekend I disconnected the wheel steering to use the
      emergency tiller, eliminating the wheel as a possible source of the
      problem. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to see for sure and can let
      you know.
      I did read the write up on Eos Thanks,

      -- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, Paul Lever <paullever@...>
      > Diok,
      > How long did the Jefa bearing on your boat last? I'm hauling
      > to drop the rudder on my J/37 to inspect the Jefa bearings. If you
      > didn't see it, here's some additional info on J-boat bearing
      > http://www.jcruiser.org/37/Eos/eos_rudder_bearing_replacement.htm
      > Paul
      > At 12:38 PM 7/21/2008, dc1reg wrote:
      > >I'm about to have "Maine Sail" (hull #48) hauled with lower rudder
      > >bearing problems. I've read the detailed discription of the bearing
      > >replacement on "Jaywalker" and the J40 posts on this site.
      > >I believe my boat was built with the Jefa bearing but Edson may
      have a
      > >replacement as well. Anyone else had replacement experience that
      > >be helpful please let me know.
      > >
      > >Diok Greene

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic