407Re: [j4x-owners-group] water overvlow from Fresh water tank [2 Attachments]

    Jun 15, 2011
      I don't think the shut off valve is standard, at least it wasn't on hull 6. It is probably there to prevent entrance of salt water into the fresh water tanks. Some owners have had that problem when the anchor locker drain plugged with mud and the locker filled with sea water in heavy weather sailing. Must have been really bow heavy.
      Bill
      Stellin
      Jaywalker

      Sent from my iPod

      On Jun 15, 2011, at 2:26 PM, dick.sanford@... wrote:

      If you open up the anchor locker and look up underneath the aft edge you
      will find a shutoff valve for the tank vent. Why it's configured like this,
      I have never been able to surmise. For the better part of a year I thought
      the starboard tank was going to pop every time I filled it because the vent
      was closed...

      Dick Sanford
      J42 #55 truant

      "Anthony M