      From: William Stellin <wstellin@...>
      To: "j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: "j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Mon, June 13, 2011 12:47:56 PM
      Subject: Re: [j4x-owners-group] head plug

      If you can, remove the Tee and clean or replace. The hose can be cleared but not the Tee
      If you can't get the hoses off, cut the Tee in half or thirds without cutting the hose. All the buildup of rock is probably in the plastic tee. You can pry it loose from the hose only after cutting the tee into pieces. Don't try acid as it is way too dangerous. Just replace the tee and any elbows that are below the water line. The seacock should be fine and easy to clean once you remove the hose. Squeezing and flexing the hose will dislodge the calcium but the hose must have an open or free end so the stuff can fall out. It will never go throuh tees or elbows even if they are clean.
      Bill Stellin.  Jaywalker

      Sent from my iPod

      On Jun 13, 2011, at 12:33 PM, Robert Thuss <Robert.Thuss@...> wrote:

      That is absolutely the worst fix-it job on the boat. Drain-o won’t help and if you can’t dig out the clogged paper from underneath, then you will have to disconnect or cut the hose pipe. Beware that it may be under pressure from the head. Safety glasses, a paint suit, rubber gloves and lots of paper towels will be necessary! Robert (Jade USA 50777)