396RE: [j4x-owners-group] head plug

  • Robert Thuss
    Jun 13, 2011

      That is absolutely the worst fix-it job on the boat. Drain-o won’t help and if you can’t dig out the clogged paper from underneath, then you will have to disconnect or cut the hose pipe. Beware that it may be under pressure from the head. Safety glasses, a paint suit, rubber gloves and lots of paper towels will be necessary! Robert (Jade USA 50777)

      From: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of cdsail@...
      Sent: Monday, June 13, 2011 10:29 AM
      To: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [j4x-owners-group] head plug

      the aft head is seemingly plugged at the tee. I have worked from all sides but it looks like it is at the tee that goes either to the holding tank or to the thru hull when pumbing overboard. I have tried to push a snake from the vented loop through the tee but it just will not turn the corner.

      I hate to cut the hose above the tee but it looks like the only choice. Has anyone used drain-no and got results or some other option?

      Headed toward destruction soon...
      Conrad

      The information contained in this communication is confidential, may be privileged and is intended for the exclusive use of the above named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are expressly prohibited from copying, distributing, disseminating, or in any other way using any information contained within this communication. If you have received this communication in error please contact the sender by telephone or by response via mail.

      We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic