390Re: [j4x-owners-group] Re: additional deck organizers and rope clutches

    May 12, 2011
      Another solution is to use a side mounted clutch on the mast just for the use of the jib haylard. Run the tail back through the line organizer and then you can tension it with the winch. Just be careful of an override.
      This is much easier than mounting on the deck and removes clutter.
      Bill Stellin

      Sent from my iPod

      On May 11, 2011, at 10:23 PM, "Conrad Deeter" <cdsail@...> wrote:

      I am finally adding the new rope clutches and plan to do as you did... add doubles to port and starboard ahead and to the side slightly so that I can get a fairlead and get the outhaul, all reefing lines back to cockpit – not for slippage..    The Schaefer stacked 3 worked great... no new holes and added 3 line managers to each side.