39Re: [j4x-owners-group] Rudder Bearing J42

  • Paul Lever
    Jul 21, 2008
      Diok,
      How long did the Jefa bearing on your boat last? I'm hauling tomorrow to drop the rudder on my J/37 to inspect the Jefa bearings. If you didn't see it, here's some additional info on J-boat bearing replacement.
      http://www.jcruiser.org/37/Eos/eos_rudder_bearing_replacement.htm

      Paul

      At 12:38 PM 7/21/2008, dc1reg wrote:

      I'm about to have "Maine Sail" (hull #48) hauled with lower rudder
      bearing problems. I've read the detailed discription of the bearing
      replacement on "Jaywalker" and the J40 posts on this site.
      I believe my boat was built with the Jefa bearing but Edson may have a
      replacement as well. Anyone else had replacement experience that might
      be helpful please let me know.

      Diok Greene

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic