351RE: [j4x-owners-group] Port on J/42

    Mar 25, 2011

      Thank you so much, I have someone by my boat to measure. Tony

      From: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of shearwater@...
      Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 4:45 PM
      To: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [j4x-owners-group] Port on J/42

      I looked into replacement ports in 2009 and was told that Bomar discontinued the ports that fit the J 42. After seeing Bernie's email, I called Pompanette just to check. They said they need the outside measurement of the interior finishing ring (length and width) in order to determine whether they still offer the ports.

      My boat is 130 miles South of me, so I can't measure it myself. Does anyone have those dimensions?

      Thanks,

      Shane Creamer

      Baruna J 42 #30

      From:        "Anthony M Iacono" <tony@...>
      To:        <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
      Date:        03/25/2011 12:06 PM
      Subject:        [j4x-owners-group] Port on J/42

      I have a broken window / port on my J/42. The aluminum hinge it cracked. I took the port out to find the opening in the figerglass significantly larger than need be and the screws holding it to the boat barley overlapping the fiberglass. Now I need a new opening port.  Does anyone know the manufacturer of the unit item so I may purchase a replacement? TOny

    • Show all 36 messages in this topic