275Re: [j4x-owners-group] engine control at Edson pedestal

    Sep 7, 2010
      Try loosening the friction screw.
      Jaywalker

      Sent from my iPod

      On Sep 7, 2010, at 2:57 AM, "Conrad Deeter" <cdsail@...> wrote:

      I have a 2000 J42 and the single handle control on the pedestal is very stiff in moving through the motions of forward, neutral and reverse.  As a result relatively quick engagement of either forward of reverse causes a jolt because the engine is starting to rev before the transmission engages.  If the handle is moved slowly the transmission engages and no problem.

      It seems I have two problems:

      • The mechanism is very stiff – I took off the compass and could view the mechanism and it seemed to move properly but very stiff
      • The engagement of the transmission either needs adjustment on the cable or it is the mechanism that is the problem

      Anyone have a similar problem?  Is so what was your fix?

      Thanks for your help again