    I got mine from TPI years ago also. If I recall it was not a stock item. They had to mould them for me.
    Bill Stellin. Jaywalker

    Sent from my iPod

    On Sep 7, 2010, at 3:06 AM, "Conrad Deeter" <cdsail@...> wrote:

    Where did you find the factory rubber plugs?

    Conrad

    J42  Another J

    From: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bernard Coyne
    Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 8:52 PM
    To: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Re: [j4x-owners-group] Re: Any ideas for how to close off the hawse slot on a J/42 on passage?

    Offshore the bow of our J/42 Amigo VI is nearly always awash. We have installed the factory rubber plugs that go in the holes on the hatch for the anchor locker. If I recall correctly those holes are for the spinnaker sheets and guys when using a snuffer - although we ourselves have never used them at all.

    The windlass hole also can let in a tremendous amount of water. So when we go offshore, we plug the windlass hole with a squash ball and then seal it with PlayDoo. We then wrap the windlass in plastic and seal it all off with duct tape. Then we use duct tape to seal the hatch around all the edges. I should add that we first pack the locker with fenders and sometimes beach balls to reduce the volume.

    Unfortunately water still gets in there and I am sure it is from the drain hole. I think the water is forced in quickly as the bow crashes through the waves and then it drains slower out the same hole. Net result is that the anchor locker still has a lot of water at times. I keep wondering about plugging the drain hole but am hesitant to risk it.

    All suggestions welcomed!

    Bernie
    J/42 #3 Amigo VI

    Bernie Coyne, World Wide Marketing Manager
    IBM Rational Team Concert - a new agile application lifecycle management solution
    Download a free trial:
    http://jazz. net/projects/ rational- team-concert/
    IBM Rational software,
    coyneb@.... com, 781-789-0762