241Re: [j4x-owners-group] Re: additional deck organizers and rope clutches

  • Conrad Deeter
    Jun 5, 2010
      great information... that is the plan then.    So the liner inside is realativley easy to remove to get access on the starboad side at least?  It looks like you need to take down the wood strip with the hand hold on it or maybe just inside that strip.

      From: Tom Keffer <keffer@...>
      To: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, June 5, 2010 9:04:12 AM
      Subject: [j4x-owners-group] Re: additional deck organizers and rope clutches

      Hi, conrad,

      I added a clutch on the starboard side for a second reef by moving the existing set of 3 clutches slightly to port. This gave just enough room to squeeze in a 4th clutch.

      Unfortunately, the same trick does not work on the port side because the clutches are located right over a bulkhead, making it difficult to move them. In this case, I did what Robert did, and added a clutch just forward of the existing 3 clutches.

      For deck organizers, I switched to stacked Harkens, giving a total of 4 sheaves each side.

      For details, see http://www.threefools.org/velocity/Projects/secondreef.htm

      Cheers,

      -tk

      --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "cdsail@..." <cdsail@...> wrote:

      > I do have one question -- has anyone added stacking deck organizers and more rope clutches for spin, reefing lines, AS tack line, Cunningham, etc.? If it was done how did they create space for the increased # of rope clutches and did you just stack the deck org.
      >
      > conrad
      > J 42

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic