24Re: Tom, question on your radar pole

  • tkeffer
    Mar 7, 2008
      --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, Paul Lever <paullever@...> wrote:
      > Tom
      > Thanks for pictorial on your web site on the radar pole upgrade. Are
      > you still happy with the strength of the pole unstayed? Is there a
      > reason that you didn't run the bury tube all the way to the deck?

      Still happy with it.

      I wish I could claim some clever technical reason why I didn't run the
      bury tube all the way to the deck, but the truth is that the piece was
      available and it was cheap.

      You certainly could run the tube to the deck, but it might be a bit
      harder to work on because you couldn't get at the pole from below. I
      don't think there's any difference in strength as the main stress
      point is at the deck itself. Making the fit snug is more important.

      Keep us posted on your progress!!

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic