21Re: [j4x-owners-group] Removing a 3JH2 impeller

    Mar 2, 2008
      I use a pair of 9" right-angle needle-nosed plyers. They are just perfect
      for grasping the impeller and pulling it out. I gave a pair to my mechanic
      to save him from having to remove the entire pump. I had to google and
      find suppliers online for these.

      I have a picture that I can send but not through Google Groups!

      Bernie Coyne
      IBM Rational Governance and Risk Management Solutions
      Lexington, MA, USA
      Office: 781-323-5187
      Mobile: 781-789-0762
      Email: coyneb@...

      Sent by: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      j4x-owners-group@ cc
      [j4x-owners-group] Removing a 3JH2
      03/02/2008 08:57 impeller

      Please respond to

      Does anyone have any experience on how to remove the impeller from the
      Yanmar? Access is so limited, it seems that you either have to remove
      the whole raw water pump (which means removing the port engine mount),
      or the starter motor.

      Any other ideas? Any fancy tool to do this job?

      Thanks in advance!

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic