20Re: Problems starting JH series motors on J/42

  • tkeffer
    Mar 2, 2008
      --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "tkeffer" <keffer@...> wrote:

      > --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "wstellin" <wstellin@> wrote:
      >
      > > Has anyone had a similar problem.
      > >

      > My screws are not so corroded, so I had planned on taking the binnacle
      > apart over the winter to take a look at what was going on in there.
      > I'll report back what I find.

      Well, I've now had a chance to take a close look at the binnacle.
      Unfortunately, getting in there is not easy. First remove the wheel,
      then the compass. Working through the compass opening, remove the
      throttle assembly, and then the whole top of the pedestal, taking care
      not to drop any of the small nuts and screws. You'll probably have to
      remove the panel in the aft cabin that covers the bottom of the
      binnacle as well, in order to gain enough slack in the cables. This
      also helps to recover any of those wayward screws.

      I've got to confess that half way through, I decided it wasn't worth.
      I'm just going to bypass the switch.