      To: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      From: coyneb@...
      Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 17:13:28 +0000
      Subject: [j4x-owners-group] Replacing Lewmar windlass on J/42

      Has anyone attempted to remove and reinstall or replace their windlass? Mine still works but is severly corroding and starting to make whining noises. I have removed the nuts off the 4 bolts with no trouble but can not remove the bolts. The deck housing has probably been sealed with 5200 making the job very difficult. I have also tried working from below deck but there is no straight-on access to the bolts. I have tried forcing putty knives between the deck and the units but no luck.

      Any suggestions? ?

      J/42 Amigo VI

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic