1522Re: [j4x-owners-group] Gasket for ice box cover

    Aug 1, 2014
      That is a great point Bill!

      First of all the existing gasket is glued AND screwed to the fridge top.  So you have to remove that gasket first and it was a pain.  I had to use DeBond (or AntiBond) to release the glue.  The factory probably used 4200 or 5200.

      On reinstalling I tried just contact cement without screws.  Well that didn't work at all - the gasket pulled off easily.  Then I tried PVC glue but that didn't adhere very well either.  I found that you needed to use the screws in order to hold the gasket firmly in place while it was setting.  So for my third try I used 4200 plus screws and it adhered very well.....naturally :-)

      Hope this helps.

      DevOps Evangelist
      IBM Software Group

      DevOps For Dummies

      Your free guide to faster, continuous software delivery

      From:        "William Stellin wstellin@... [j4x-owners-group]" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
      To:        "j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc:        "j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
      Date:        08/01/2014 10:15 AM
      Subject:        Re: [j4x-owners-group] Gasket for ice box cover

      Is there a special adhesive to glue it to the top.

      Bill. #6

      Sent from my iPad

      On Aug 1, 2014, at 10:03 AM, "Barry Dwyer
      bdwyer@... [j4x-owners-group]" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Thanks again, Bernie.

      RE: [j4x-owners-group] Gasket for ice box cover

      It is gasket profile #048.  Then you need to supply the exact measurements for your fridge top.  They will miter and weld the corners for you.

      http://www.coolergaskets.com/profile-048/

      Bernie Coyne
      DevOps Evangelist
      IBM Software Group
      Phone:  720-396-6297!
      Email:
      coyneb@...
      <image001.png>

      DevOps For Dummies

      Your free guide to faster, continuous software delivery

      From:
      "Dick Sanford dick.sanford@... [j4x-owners-group]" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
      To:        !
      "j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
      Date:
      08/01/2014 09:53 AM
      RE: [j4x-owners-group] Gasket for ice box cover
      Sent by:
      j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com

      Mine is starting to go too. If you would be kind enough to share the part number when you figure it out, it would be greatly appreciated.

      Dick Sanford

      truant

      RE: [j4x-owners-group] Gasket for ice box cover

      Thanks, Bernie! Who knew there were so many gaskets.

      Re: [j4x-owners-group] Gasket for ice box cover

      I replaced our refrigerator gasket this past winter.  I used http://www.coolergaskets.com/  and found an exact match replacement.  Ask for Matt if you need help.

      cheers,

      Bernie

      s/v J/46 Mystic Rose

      Bernie Coyne
      DevOps Evangelist
      IBM Software Group
      Phone:  720-396-6297
      Email:
      coyneb@...
      <image001.png>

      DevOps For Dummies

      Your free guide to faster, continuous software delivery

      From:
      "bdwyer@... [j4x-owners-group]" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
      To:
      <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
      D! ate:
      0! 8/01/2014 08:02 AM
      Subject:
      [j4x-owners-group] Gasket for ice box cover
      Sent by:
      j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com

      Does anyone know the source for the gasket?  I think ours has gotten too hard/compressed to keep a good seal as we are seeing a lot of condensation in the box.

      Tribute J/42 #53

      DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains information solely intended for named recipients and is confidential and proprietary to PartnerRe.! If you are not one of the intended recipients of this message, you must not read, use or disseminate the information in it and should notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting it afterwards from your mail system. Please be aware that unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this communication is prohibited.

      [attachment "image001.png" deleted by Bernard Coyne/Lexington/IBM]

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic