1408Re: [j4x-owners-group] J42 Propeller shaft strut alignment

    Apr 9, 2014
      It could be during your trial it was there but you just didn't notice it.  During trials the speed varies and the trial usually doesn't last very long.   A long passage under power on the other hand, in a calm river can show up all kinds of things.  Odd noises, creaks etc.  I'll bet the vibration was there all along.  I know with our boat, often the first part of the season seems to bring more noticeable vibration,  then I must get used to it and it seems to diminish.
      As a test, motor in smooth calm water and then in rough water and maintain the same speed over the ground.  See if the vibration changes.  Your RPM with change under each different condition but keep the speed the same.  If the vibration points or severity changes, it might be harmonic.  If so you just have to find the sweet spot RPM.  Like I said before, our vibration goes away at 3400 RPM, but no one want to motor full bore just to avoid vibration.
      Bill  #6

      Sent from my iPad

      On Apr 9, 2014, at 9:02 AM, "Barry Dwyer" <bdwyer@...> wrote:

      Bill, I could almost accept the vibration if I didn’t experience it without any vibration during the trial.

      Barry Dwyer, Partner

      <image001.jpg>
      tel: 571.425.4780 cell: 571.236.4340

      <image002.jpg><image003.jpg><image004.jpg><image005.jpg>