      From: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of William Stellin
      Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:00 AM
      To: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [j4x-owners-group] Retractor Spring Torque [1 Attachment]

      I don't know which Bill you are asking, but anyway here is a drawing of about where the cleat is on my boat.  The actual position is more about trial and error so as to make sure the lead from the stopper jam is fair.

      Sent from my iPadimage.jpeg

      Bill Stellin. #6

      On Mar 22, 2014, at 7:17 AM, "Barry Dwyer" <bdwyer@...> wrote:

      Bill, can post a picture of your cleat/jammer set up when you have a chance?

      Sent from my tablet via Exchange

      On Mar 21, 2014, at 10:13 PM, "William Stellin" <wstellin@...> wrote:

      I have no idea of pound force, but I can say quite little force is needed.  Actually it is never an issue because after I uncleat the sheet, it goes on the winch and the second I turn the winch it opens the jam cam automatically.

      The key is having a cleat.  I would never trust the jammer to hold the sheet by itself.  It is too easy to accidentally open it.

      Bill    #6
      Sent from my iPad

      On Mar 21, 2014, at 9:44 PM, "Bill Bowers" <wfb01983@...> wrote:

      Bill Stellin, what would you estimate is the rough force in pounds to open the jaw on your main sheet Transfer Stopper footblock? Would you like more or less force?