    From: Jeff Linden
    Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎March‎ ‎25‎, ‎2014 ‎1‎:‎09‎ ‎PM
    To: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com

    at least on my boat it is

    On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Barry Dwyer <bdwyer@...> wrote:

    Oh? Is the pin removable?

    That would be genius.

    Barry

    From: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Linden
    Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:00 PM
    To: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Re: [j4x-owners-group] Locking companionway from the inside

    just put in the hatch board with the lock attached the the metal strip and once you close the hatch push in the pin from the inside.

    I hope i explained that well

    On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 9:57 AM, <bdwyer@...> wrote:

    Its snowing again...

    Has anyone devised a way to lock the companionway from the inside?
    While our travels take us to friendly places there will be a few times this year when my wife will be aboard by herself and we would both feel better if there were a way to lock herself in.