127Re: [j4x-owners-group] Re: Keeping a lid on it

  • Paul Lever
    Jun 6, 2009
      Did they forget to install the piano hinge?<g>
      At 05:26 PM 6/5/2009, you wrote:

      On my boat, the entire lid is removable --- there is no hinge. So, it would take at least 2, perhaps 3, bolts to hold the lid down reliably. Not only is that a lot of hardware, but I don't like the idea of several lumpy pieces of metal in the middle of the largest working area in the galley, even when I'm at the dock!

      Hence, the idea of something that is removable when conditions are benign.

      I like Bernie's idea and am looking forward to the picture!

      --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, Paul Lever <paullever@...> wrote:
      > Tom,
      > What's wrong with just using a simple barrel bolt:
      > http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=43320&familyName=Stainless+Barrel+Bolts
      > Paul
      > At 01:12 PM 6/5/2009, tkeffer wrote:
      > >Hello all,
      > >
      > >I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a good solution to hold
      > >down the refrigerator lid in the event of an inversion?
      > >
      > >I'm thinking of a rod running diagonally across the lid, held down
      > >by brackets on each end. Any other ideas?
      > >
      > >-tk

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic