12Re: Problems starting JH series motors on J/42

  • tkeffer
    Nov 6, 2007
      --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Thuss" <robert@...>
      wrote:
      > Have you had any problems with that
      > setup? I now believe that balky starting may be worse than starting in
      > gear, especially in a MOB or other critical situation. Robert

      My previous boat had (nearly) the same engine, and the same
      transmission, but no interlock switch. Occasionally I would forget and
      start the engine in gear to no ill effect. I think the main risk is
      having the boat leap forward unexpectedly while at a dock.