      From: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Anthony M Iacono
      Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 12:40 PM
      To: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [j4x-owners-group] winterizing HVAC

      I installed had a Cruise Air 1,600 BTU unit installed and now have a question about winterize it. Hoping someone has experience.

      PROCESS I used:

      • Shut the seacock and pulled off the hose on the output side of the sea strainer poured antifreeze into the hose at that point but none exited the boat.
      • Thinking I must have lost the prime, I took the hose off the output side of the pump. What I found was antifreeze pumping very forcefully out of the pump.
      • When I reattached the hose on the output side of the pump to the Cruise Air no antifreeze exited the boat except for a very slight momentary trickle.  It seems as if there is resistance strong enough to prevent the flow from the pump through the unit. This is odd since moments before I started the process sea water had flowed forcefully out of the thru hull.

      Is this normal? Same thing happened last year with no apparent ill effects - but it confounds me,

      Ti

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic