1140Re: [j4x-owners-group] Barrier coat

    Nov 20, 2013
      The vinylester resins that are used in the JBoats from, I believe, about 1987 on are very resistant to blistering. Having owned a couple of J22s and now the J40 for over ten years, I have only seen a blister in the hull material on the center "seam" where I understand fillers are sometimes placed.
      On 11/20/2013 1:15 PM, bdwyer@... wrote:

      I plan to have the bottom of our 2001 42 taken down to the gelcoat and barrier coated. I thought this was prudent for a few reasons. First the 10 year blister warranty is up. Second the boat was on the hard for a year before being back in the water for the last 6 weeks so the hull should be dry and my last boat had blisters and I never want to go through that again.

      So, is this a good plan or should I spend my boat bucks on something else?

      Finally, thanks to everyone who has been answering my questions. I'll have less as I learn more about the boat but your advice is very much appreciated.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic