114Re: [j4x-owners-group] Re: twingers

    Apr 30, 2009

      Ah yes...it does that on our boat too. Of course you don't want to choke the sheet down too much with a twing so we just live with it. I have had the boom repainted once already though - about half way through its current 13 year life :-)

      Bernie

      Bernie Coyne, World Wide Marketing Manager
      IBM Rational Team Concert - a new collaborative software development solution
      Download a free trial:
      http://jazz.net
      IBM Rational software,
      coyneb@..., 781-789-0762
      Notes: Bernard Coyne/Lexington/IBM@IBMUS

      Inactive hide details for "Jennifer" ---04/30/2009 03:52:03 PM---"Jennifer" ---04/30/2009 03:52:03 PM---

              "Jennifer" <sailsfbay@...>
              Sent by: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com

              04/30/2009 03:51 PM

              Please respond to

      cc

      Subject

      [j4x-owners-group] Re: twingers

      Thanks Bernie, actually our problem is the sheet rubbing on the bottom of the boom, how do you avoid that problem? thanks!

      --- In

      www.cocked-hat.com

      j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com [䈀mailto:

      j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com]
      > > On Behalf Of Jennifer
      > > Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 6:41 PM
      > > To:
      j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      > > Subject: [j4x-owners-group] twingers

      > > Has anyone set up twingers, particularly on a J-42? We are kicking around a few
      > > ideas on how to set them up and are interested in what has or hasn't worked on
      > > similar boats.
      > >
      > > thanks!
      > > Jennifer Neumann
      > > Tiki J