      Wayne Cassady --- Re: [j4x-owners-group] Re: Boat color ---

      From:"Wayne Cassady" <wcassady@...>
      To"" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
      Date:Wed, Nov 20, 2013 12:29 PM
      SubjectRe: [j4x-owners-group] Re: Boat color

      We had our J40 painted in 2010. She has always been off white and I was tempted with  a color change to produce a dramatic new look.. My favorite was the Stars and Stripes blue since countless people had warned us about darker colors. There is no doubt the darker colors are striking, at anchor and underway. In the end we went with the white. She looks great and the paint has held up very well with us following the instructions of no wax, only the Awlwash and polymer. I have even made a point to clean and coat the mast/boom once a season since I never want to go through that complete dismantle again. The painter did use Awlcraft instead of Awlgrip, citing that Awlcraft is more like gelcoat with paint properties consistent through the dry film layer (ie: the paint can be buffed back to a lasting shine if a fender rubs it dull over years of use or in other cases of repair). Our boat is tied to an end slip and has not developed any rub marks now after three seasons. I know you stated the ship has sailed so to speak on the dark color choice but you may still want to talk to others that have dark hulled boats in warm weather areas. Just a thought.

      On 11/20/2013 12:09 PM, Anthony M Iacono wrote:

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic