1129RE: [j4x-owners-group] oil change tips

  • Barry Dwyer
    Nov 18, 2013

      The vacuum pump worked well.  Thanks for the recommendation.

      From: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of William Stellin
      Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:59 PM
      To: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [j4x-owners-group] oil change tips

      I use a vacuum pump from Defender.

      vacuum oil pumps: Marpac Fluid Extractor

      Marpac Fluid Extractor
      Item # : 300280
      Capacity: 1.7 Gallons (6.5 Liters)
      Hand Pump
      Empties Oil in 15 Pumps or Less
      Brand: Marpac
      Model Number: 7-0950

      Features: Portable fluid extractor empties in 16 pumps or less Holds 6.5 liters or 6.9 quarts or 1.7 gallons No power source needed Warm or cold fluid extraction Includes extraction tub

      List Price: $116.98
      Our Price: $69.99

      Stick the draw pipe down the dip stick and wait a few minutes for the vacuum to suck up the oil.  It is the best device Iv'e ever used for oil changes.  no muss or fuss.

      Bill #6

      Sent from my iPad

      On Nov 13, 2013, at 6:51 PM, bdwyer@... wrote:

      Alas, this weekend we are winterizing the boat. For the first time I will changing the oil, filter, etc.

      My last engine had a built in oil change pump and the entire process was about 10 minutes. I'm looking for tips from the group on how to change the oil as efficiently as possible.

      Thanks. ,