1123Re: [j4x-owners-group] storm trysail track on a CARBON mast

    Nov 13, 2013
      To comply with Newport to Bermuda Race requirements we did reluctantly decide to install a storm trysail track on my carbon mast. It runs just on the port side of the mainsail track.  It has been on since 2006 with no apparent ill effects except it does not appeal to my eye. We have never needed it, but if we did it seems to be preferable to taking the main off in a big blow and hoisting the trysail on the mainsail track. TI

      From: <mxgoemans@...>
      Date: 13 Nov 2013 19:33:44 -0800
      To: <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [j4x-owners-group] storm trysail track on a CARBON mast

      I am the new co-owner of a J/42 (hull #19, Jade), and I have been really enjoying reading this forum. Thanks for all the advice!

      Has anyone installed a storm trysail track on a J/42 Hall carbon mast? Does anyone have the mast manual? Our rigger will check with Hall spars but said that drilling many new holes in a carbon spar is not advisable (unless it was specifically designed for it). Any comments? Any alternative solutions?

      Thanks,
      -- Michel.

      Hull #19, Jade.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic