112Re: [j4x-owners-group] Re: twingers

    Apr 30, 2009

      Jennifer:

      No I am not saying they won't work on the J/42 but the loads are considerably higher on a 20k pound boat. On our J/42 we use double-sheets and guys and have a heavy-duty Schaefer swivel block mounted forward on the deck outboard near the shrouds. We lead the guys through this on both sides and that seems to help. But if we were a pure racing machine doing a lot of tight reaches then a reaching strut would be the way to go.

      cheers,
      Bernie

      Bernie Coyne, World Wide Marketing Manager
      IBM Rational Team Concert - a new collaborative software development solution
      Download a free trial:
      http://jazz.net
      IBM Rational software,
      coyneb@..., 781-789-0762
      Notes: Bernard Coyne/Lexington/IBM@IBMUS

      Inactive hide details for "Jennifer" ---04/30/2009 03:38:51 PM---"Jennifer" ---04/30/2009 03:38:51 PM---

              "Jennifer" <sailsfbay@...>
              Sent by: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com

              04/30/2009 03:37 PM

              Please respond to

      cc

      Subject

      [j4x-owners-group] Re: twingers

      Hmm so Bernie the J-42 is too big for twingers? Guess you can tell I come from smaller boats--we had twingers on our 30 footer. thanks!

      --- In

      www.cocked-hat.com

      j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com [䈀mailto:j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com]
      > On Behalf Of Jennifer
      > Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 6:41 PM
      > To:
      j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [j4x-owners-group] twingers

      > Has anyone set up twingers, particularly on a J-42? We are kicking around a few
      > ideas on how to set them up and are interested in what has or hasn't worked on
      > similar boats.
      >
      > thanks!
      > Jennifer Neumann
      > Tiki J