11Re: Problems starting JH series motors on J/42

  • Robert Thuss
    Nov 6, 2007
      I have had the same problem on Jade (hull #19) and we have had to jump
      the starter solenoid to get the engine started. I thought it might be
      sticky shifter cables not getting the transmission into neutral. I had
      a mechanic suggest disconnecting the neutral safety switch but I was
      concerned about safety issues. Have you had any problems with that
      setup? I now believe that balky starting may be worse than starting in
      gear, especially in a MOB or other critical situation. Robert
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic