109RE: [j4x-owners-group] twingers

    Apr 30, 2009

      Twing lines = tweakers

      We had these on our Laser 28. They are control lines that cinch the spinnaker guy down to the deck around the shrouds. This improves leverage and helps keep the pole off the forestay on close reaches.

      High performance race boats use reaching struts for this same purpose. Twing lines are practical and low cost option for smaller boats.

      Bernie
      Amigo VI

      Bernie Coyne, World Wide Marketing Manager
      IBM Rational Team Concert - a new collaborative software development solution
      Download a free trial:
      http://jazz.net
      IBM Rational software,
      coyneb@..., 781-789-0762
      Notes: Bernard Coyne/Lexington/IBM@IBMUS

      Inactive hide details for "Geoffrey Clark" ---04/30/2009 03:17:52 PM---"Geoffrey Clark" ---04/30/2009 03:17:52 PM---

              "Geoffrey Clark" <gecgaspa@...>
              Sent by: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com

              04/30/2009 03:17 PM

              Please respond to

      <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>

      cc

      "'Geoffrey Clark'" <gecgaspa@...>

      Subject

      RE: [j4x-owners-group] twingers

      OK, I’ll bite. What is a twinger???? When I Googled twinger and boat, what came up was links to “swinger boat”, which seemed like fun, but I suspect is not what you meant!

      Geoffrey E. Clark, M.D., d.b.a.

      Cocked HatVentures, LLC

      240 Islington Street

      Portsmouth, NH 03801