Another 28 for sale

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 15 7:44 AM
      I am reluctantly selling my J28 due to some work/family changes.

      The boat is number 24.
      It has a newer main and brand new Doyle Genoa (assorted other sails inc 2 spin)
      Update electronics, new dinghy, fairclough cover, new batteries, fuel filter alternator and wet exhaust

      The rudder bearing is new and the boat has a trailer for easy transport and cheap storage.

      the boat is in CT

      Please contact me at sailingmaster@... if there is any interest and I can provide more details and pics. I would like to avoid listing with a broker if at all possible saving both
      buyer and seller.

      JP
    • phil.borders
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 15 6:29 PM
        I want to buy, please send info.

        thanks,
        Phil
      • phil.borders
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 16 3:44 PM
          JP,
           I did receive your message. Would like to see more pics when you have time.  How much are you asking?

          Thanks,
          Phil
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 30 4:47 PM
            Hey

            Sorry your last email went into spam

            Let me know what you would like pics of and Ill take some (maybe early next week. I have to travel out of town fri thru sunday and pouring rain here)
            One other person coming to see her next week, but no serious offers yet.

            I am thinking my boat is worth 35k?

            Going rate for a decent boat seems to be aroun 28k+  ( I know the one listed now for 26 and passed it over) the ones listed on line in the 35s probably reflect the inflated price the brokers ask with commission.

            So the boat is worth around 28
            Mine has new rudder bearing, updated engine (exhaust/batteries alternator, filters, etc) All hatches rebuilt. dodger serviced last year, recent electronics and jensen sound, paint on mast. Very good Doyle main, brand new Doyle radial genoa Good Tape drive racing 155, two very good spinnakers, spare main and older but useable genoas, new fresh water pump, deck recored, bottom was stripped a few years ago..in very good shape needs sanding and a coat of paint

            New Genoa used 2 days last fall  1600

            I have a new Zodiac Zoom inflatable (never in water)  1000

            New Martec Prol (900) and spare

            Trailer 4k  (bought off J28 site...will save on delivery over using a boat moving co's rig)  Saves me about 500 on storage and having the boat outside to work on is a huge time saver.
            Trailer would fit multiple boats and is way overbuilt.

            The boat does need some cosmetics.  The hull is overdue for a compound and wax,  I have not finished out the area I had to cut open for the recore, and there is some marking on the deck that I painted,
            The lifelines are older and should be inspected.

            Several things have changed on this end (work, family etc), not really wanting to sell, but no since in having her just sit.  She could be sailing with a couple days work on bottom paint and wax.
            I had some ideas about fairing in the repair work in the cabin (you would not see it unless u you looked, and I think I have some ideas on blending it into the headliner that would look pretty slick)

            Let me know what you would like to see and Ill get on it asap

            Feel free to call eves with other questions 8603050657...usually eves around 9 is best, out of town this weekend

            JP

            On Apr 16, 2014, at 6:44 PM, phil.borders@... wrote:

            JP,
             I did receive your message. Would like to see more pics when you have time.  How much are you asking?

            Thanks,
            Phil

          • chris.rotunno
            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2014
              Hi JP

              I 'm interested in buying your trailer if you are willing to sell it separately.
              If you could post some pictures of it that would help.

              Thanks,

              Chris Rotunno
            • John Power