899Re: [J28Sailors] Propeller advice plz

    Jul 14, 2013
      Frank,

      You don't need three blades but you do need a folding or feathering prop.

      On Jul 14, 2013, at 3:08 PM, "wymanfrank" <wymanfrank@...> wrote:

      My newly acquired J28, hull #8, arrives in Charleston tonight! I've got a bit of work before refloating. Survey says fixed 2 blade prop is shot and needs replacing. I'd really like a nice folding (probably 3 blade max Prop) but my boat kitty is now really low and I'm pretty certain this is where I can cut a grand or more. I've decided to put off the purchase of a nice folding prop for a year or so and go with a inexpensive fixed prop for now. Any advice on makes/models that are inexpensive (relative to folding)? 2 or 3 blade?

      Thanks!
      Frank

      Showtimes & Theaters
      Find Movie Showtimes For A Theater Near You at Moviefone.
      Moviefone.com
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic