833Re: [J28Sailors] PHRF-LO

    Jun 4, 2013
      Thanks everyone for providing so much useful data on the PHRF rating. I appreciate the quick responses and feel well armed to present my case. I'll let you know what rated is assigned when I get mine. Also, some time back, someone mentioned the weight of additional ballast in the shoal draft boats. I have misplaced that info. Does anyone recall? Thanks.

      On Jun 3, 2013, at 8:37 AM, Jason Smith <jason3317@...> wrote:

      Std draft fin PHRF Chesapeake rating:

      Base rating 174
      Max 155% Genoa LP +0
      RF Headsail Woven Dac/Poly +6
      Fixed Prop Solid 2 Blade +6
      SS Pole Max 10.50 +0
      SS Hoist Max 34.00 +0
      SS Girth Max 18.90 +0
      SS Luff Max 33.81 +0
      Full Batten Main +0

      Adjusted rating 186

      On Saturday, June 1, 2013, Tracy & Peter wrote:

      Greetings David    I race J28 #60 out of Queen City Yacht Club in Toronto.  Over the last 10 years my PHRF rating has gone from 196 down to 184.  Our rear commodore, in whom I have complete confidence, assigns the ratings.  My boat is not shoal draft, has an LP of

       16.24 and is equipped with a folding propeller. We also have no flying sails. I currently purchased a knew jenny,so my present rating may change,but I shouldn't think by much.  Hope this is of some help.     Peter Jones      416 323 1803     peter_tracy@...
      On 2013-05-31, at 6:50 PM, David Hastings wrote:

      Good evening all,

      If anyone has a PHRF rating, I would appreciate your sharing it with me. Please indicate what region you're in and also if your boat is shoal draft or not. I'm applying for my PHRF-LO rating on Lake Ontario and they have not data whatsoever. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.