Re: [j-ball] JPBL_Team_Rosters.txt

  • Aladdinsane
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 21, 2006
      Try Japanese Baseball.com and Japan Baseball Daily.com as well as
      Sergei Borisov's site.

      Take care,

      Gary
      http://www.japanbaseballdaily.com
      http://www.BaseballGuru.com

      Luke wrote:

      > Why is there no stolen base data in this file? More importantly, where
      > can this data be acquired?

    • Luke
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 21, 2006
        Well, ideally, I'd like as much and as complete data on NPB players as
        I can get. Are there any big books of stats available even in
        Japanese? Like an NPB version of Total Baseball?

        --- In j-ball@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Westbay" <westbaystars@...>
        wrote:

        > That's a pretty old file. If you specify what exactly you're looking
        > for, I can see what I can come up with. My data is pretty complete
        > starting from 2003.

      • Michael Westbay
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 21, 2006
          Luke wrote:

          > Well, ideally, I'd like as much and as complete data on NPB players as
          > I can get. Are there any big books of stats available even in
          > Japanese? Like an NPB version of Total Baseball?

          Try this Google search (all one line):

          http://www.google.com/custom?domains=www.japanesebaseball.com&sitesearch=www.japanesebaseball.com&ie=UTF-8&q=%22Baseball+Record+Book%22&sa=Search

          Anything with "Wiki" at the start of it, please use the Google cache for
          now as it's down (spammers took it over).

          Basically, there's the yearly Record Books by Baseball Magazine Sha, and
          the Fourth Edition of The Official Baseball Encyclopedia 2004 (which
          includes everyone through 2003).

          Garland-san (JapanBaseballDaily.com) and I have been slowly working our
          ways through this material for several years.

          If you know what to do with a relational database, you can download my
          entire database in CSV format from here:

          http://www.japanesebaseball.com/data/indexProYakyu.jsp

          And Michael Eng has a more Lahman-style database here:

          http://www.japanesebaseball.com/data/indexJBD.jsp

          If you'd like to contribute to either of these efforts, I'd be happy to
          give you some pointers.

          Hope this helps.

          --
          Michael Westbay