Re: JPBL_Team_Rosters.txt

  • Michael Westbay
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 20, 2006
      Luke wrote:

      > Why is there no stolen base data in this file? More importantly, where
      > can this data be acquired?

      That's a pretty old file. If you specify what exactly you're looking
      for, I can see what I can come up with. My data is pretty complete
      starting from 2003.
    • Aladdinsane
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 21, 2006
        Try Japanese Baseball.com and Japan Baseball Daily.com as well as
        Sergei Borisov's site.

        Take care,

        Gary
        http://www.japanbaseballdaily.com
        http://www.BaseballGuru.com

        Luke wrote:

        > Why is there no stolen base data in this file? More importantly, where
        > can this data be acquired?

      • Luke
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 21, 2006
          Well, ideally, I'd like as much and as complete data on NPB players as
          I can get. Are there any big books of stats available even in
          Japanese? Like an NPB version of Total Baseball?

          --- In j-ball@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Westbay" <westbaystars@...>
          wrote:

          > That's a pretty old file. If you specify what exactly you're looking
          > for, I can see what I can come up with. My data is pretty complete
          > starting from 2003.

        • Michael Westbay
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 21, 2006
            Luke wrote:

            > Well, ideally, I'd like as much and as complete data on NPB players as
            > I can get. Are there any big books of stats available even in
            > Japanese? Like an NPB version of Total Baseball?

            Try this Google search (all one line):

            http://www.google.com/custom?domains=www.japanesebaseball.com&sitesearch=www.japanesebaseball.com&ie=UTF-8&q=%22Baseball+Record+Book%22&sa=Search

            Anything with "Wiki" at the start of it, please use the Google cache for
            now as it's down (spammers took it over).

            Basically, there's the yearly Record Books by Baseball Magazine Sha, and
            the Fourth Edition of The Official Baseball Encyclopedia 2004 (which
            includes everyone through 2003).

            Garland-san (JapanBaseballDaily.com) and I have been slowly working our
            ways through this material for several years.

            If you know what to do with a relational database, you can download my
            entire database in CSV format from here:

            http://www.japanesebaseball.com/data/indexProYakyu.jsp

            And Michael Eng has a more Lahman-style database here:

            http://www.japanesebaseball.com/data/indexJBD.jsp

            If you'd like to contribute to either of these efforts, I'd be happy to
            give you some pointers.

            Hope this helps.

            --
            Michael Westbay