JPBL_Team_Rosters.txt

  • Luke
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 20, 2006
      Why is there no stolen base data in this file? More importantly, where
      can this data be acquired?
    • Michael Westbay
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 20, 2006
        Luke wrote:

        > Why is there no stolen base data in this file? More importantly, where
        > can this data be acquired?

        That's a pretty old file. If you specify what exactly you're looking
        for, I can see what I can come up with. My data is pretty complete
        starting from 2003.
      • Aladdinsane
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 21, 2006
          Try Japanese Baseball.com and Japan Baseball Daily.com as well as
          Sergei Borisov's site.

          Take care,

          Gary
          http://www.japanbaseballdaily.com
          http://www.BaseballGuru.com

          Luke wrote:

          > Why is there no stolen base data in this file? More importantly, where
          > can this data be acquired?

        • Luke
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 21, 2006
            Well, ideally, I'd like as much and as complete data on NPB players as
            I can get. Are there any big books of stats available even in
            Japanese? Like an NPB version of Total Baseball?

            --- In j-ball@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Westbay" <westbaystars@...>
            wrote:

            > That's a pretty old file. If you specify what exactly you're looking
            > for, I can see what I can come up with. My data is pretty complete
            > starting from 2003.

          • Michael Westbay
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 21, 2006
              Luke wrote:

              > Well, ideally, I'd like as much and as complete data on NPB players as
              > I can get. Are there any big books of stats available even in
              > Japanese? Like an NPB version of Total Baseball?

              Try this Google search (all one line):

              http://www.google.com/custom?domains=www.japanesebaseball.com&sitesearch=www.japanesebaseball.com&ie=UTF-8&q=%22Baseball+Record+Book%22&sa=Search

              Anything with "Wiki" at the start of it, please use the Google cache for
              now as it's down (spammers took it over).

              Basically, there's the yearly Record Books by Baseball Magazine Sha, and
              the Fourth Edition of The Official Baseball Encyclopedia 2004 (which
              includes everyone through 2003).

              Garland-san (JapanBaseballDaily.com) and I have been slowly working our
              ways through this material for several years.

              If you know what to do with a relational database, you can download my
              entire database in CSV format from here:

              http://www.japanesebaseball.com/data/indexProYakyu.jsp

              And Michael Eng has a more Lahman-style database here:

              http://www.japanesebaseball.com/data/indexJBD.jsp

              If you'd like to contribute to either of these efforts, I'd be happy to
              give you some pointers.

              Hope this helps.

              --
              Michael Westbay