Rakuten's Internet Broadcasts

  • Aladdinsane
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2006
      Hi everybody:

      I just tried to access Rakuten's internet broadcast and it turns
      out that they now want you to
      register before you can watch it.

      Of course, it's all in Japanese, so those of you wiithout Japanese
      reading ability are shit out of luck.

      Moreover, if that wasn't enough, if you don't have Japanese input
      software you can't register since it won't take just roman letters for
      your name. Therefore, non-Japanese baseball fans who were able to view
      the games before with little trouble have now had a big barrier thrown
      up in front of them. It is kind of a tacit, "no gaijin allowed" sign,
      really.

      What are these idiots thinking? Moreover, the whole subscription
      thing is a pain in the butt. Even if people were willing to register,
      they are nuts if they give their real personal information. On the very
      few that I have on the web I always lie bigtime and I don't think I'm
      alone. That makes their information collection useless.

      I just want to scream when companies do dumb stuff like this.

      Take care,

      Gary
      http://www.japanbaseballdaily.com
      http://www.BaseballGuru.com