Re: [j-ball] U.S. All Star Ballot Stuffing

  • Gene Newman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
      My wife is Japanese as well and we receive Japanese TV by satellite, and Japanese newspapers.  However, I can't say for sure if such is going on.  I WILL say that I don't think it's anything new.  As long as fans do the voting it will happen.  It HAS happened here in the US by American fans, so I don't think we really have a legitimate complaint about it.

      This reply is NOT meant as a slam against you, by the way.  I think you bring up a good point so we can see just where the sentiments are on the subject.  This was just my OPINION, and I don't consider it any more or less valid than anyone elses.

      Gene

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
        The point of my post wasn't so much about ballot stuffing as much as
        it was about the Japanese Sports Dailes possibly paying or
        encouraging others to vote. That is something hopefully is happening
        everyday.

        Regards

        DG

        --- In j-ball@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Newman" <gnewman1@c...> wrote:
        > My wife is Japanese as well and we receive Japanese TV by
        satellite, and Japanese newspapers. However, I can't say for sure if
        such is going on. I WILL say that I don't think it's anything new.
        As long as fans do the voting it will happen. It HAS happened here
        in the US by American fans, so I don't think we really have a
        legitimate complaint about it.

        > This reply is NOT meant as a slam against you, by the way. I think
        you bring up a good point so we can see just where the sentiments are
        on the subject. This was just my OPINION, and I don't consider it
        any more or less valid than anyone elses.

        > Gene

        Service.
      • Gene Newman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2003
          I understand.

          Gene

          The point of my post wasn't so much about ballot stuffing as much as
          it was about the Japanese Sports Dailes possibly paying or
          encouraging others to vote. That is something hopefully is happening
          everyday.

          Regards

          DG

          --- In j-ball@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Newman" <gnewman1@c...> wrote:
          > My wife is Japanese as well and we receive Japanese TV by
          satellite, and Japanese newspapers.  However, I can't say for sure if
          such is going on.  I WILL say that I don't think it's anything new.
          As long as fans do the voting it will happen.  It HAS happened here
          in the US by American fans, so I don't think we really have a
          legitimate complaint about it.

          > This reply is NOT meant as a slam against you, by the way.  I think
          you bring up a good point so we can see just where the sentiments are
          on the subject.  This was just my OPINION, and I don't consider it
          any more or less valid than anyone elses.

          > Gene

          Service.