U.S. All Star Ballot Stuffing

  • Dgoto
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
      I heard rumors from Japan that many of the Japanese Sports dailies
      (newspapers) after seeing (Matsui was not likely to make the all-star
      team in the U.S.) hired college and high school students to enter
      ballots to be mailed in and on the internet to get Matsui on the team.

      BTW my wife is Japanese and reads the Japanese press and gets live
      T.V. from Japan.

      Any thoughts?
    • info@2betdsi.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
        How do I get off of this list?????

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
          My wife is Japanese as well and we receive Japanese TV by satellite, and Japanese newspapers.  However, I can't say for sure if such is going on.  I WILL say that I don't think it's anything new.  As long as fans do the voting it will happen.  It HAS happened here in the US by American fans, so I don't think we really have a legitimate complaint about it.

          This reply is NOT meant as a slam against you, by the way.  I think you bring up a good point so we can see just where the sentiments are on the subject.  This was just my OPINION, and I don't consider it any more or less valid than anyone elses.

          Gene

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
            The point of my post wasn't so much about ballot stuffing as much as
            it was about the Japanese Sports Dailes possibly paying or
            encouraging others to vote. That is something hopefully is happening
            everyday.

            Regards

            DG

            --- In j-ball@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Newman" <gnewman1@c...> wrote:
            > My wife is Japanese as well and we receive Japanese TV by
            satellite, and Japanese newspapers. However, I can't say for sure if
            such is going on. I WILL say that I don't think it's anything new.
            As long as fans do the voting it will happen. It HAS happened here
            in the US by American fans, so I don't think we really have a
            legitimate complaint about it.

            > This reply is NOT meant as a slam against you, by the way. I think
            you bring up a good point so we can see just where the sentiments are
            on the subject. This was just my OPINION, and I don't consider it
            any more or less valid than anyone elses.

            > Gene

            Service.
          • Gene Newman
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2003
              I understand.

              Gene

              The point of my post wasn't so much about ballot stuffing as much as
              it was about the Japanese Sports Dailes possibly paying or
              encouraging others to vote. That is something hopefully is happening
              everyday.

              Regards

              DG

              --- In j-ball@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Newman" <gnewman1@c...> wrote:
              > My wife is Japanese as well and we receive Japanese TV by
              satellite, and Japanese newspapers.  However, I can't say for sure if
              such is going on.  I WILL say that I don't think it's anything new.
              As long as fans do the voting it will happen.  It HAS happened here
              in the US by American fans, so I don't think we really have a
              legitimate complaint about it.

              > This reply is NOT meant as a slam against you, by the way.  I think
              you bring up a good point so we can see just where the sentiments are
              on the subject.  This was just my OPINION, and I don't consider it
              any more or less valid than anyone elses.

              > Gene

              Service.