First Ever Japanese APBA League looking for managers

  • ochiai
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2003
      Re: Innings pitched and performance
      The APBA Japanese Replay League is looking for 2 more managers.  We will be the first APBA league to offer continuous ownership of Japanese franchises.  We will start with the 1994 season with each manager protecting 15 players from the original teams.  The remain 20 players will be drafted from the free agent pool.  At the end of each season, managers will protect 20 players and select again from the new free agent pool.  Trading, of course, is encouraged.  This offers a great opportunity for APBA players to really get to know and understand Japanese baseball.

      Right now several great franchise remain including: the Siebu Lions (1994, 1997 1998 Pacific League Champions), the Yokoyama BayStars (with Kaz Sasaki), the Hanshin Tigers (with Shinjyo), the Lotte Marines (with Hideki Irabu when he was the best pitcher in the league), the Nippon Ham Fighters, and the Fukuoka Daei Hawks (now managed by Sadaharu Oh).

      The draft will begin on March 24th.

      Please contact me at ochiai@... if you are interested in joining