[j-ball] Just when does the season end?

  • Bob Timmermann
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 1998
      According to the schedules that came out at the beginning of the year,
      the season is supposed to end on 9/28. However, when I checked the
      official Japanese baseball server, the CL season seems to go on until
      10/11. Has the PL not announced its makeup schedule yet? Or is the
      server wrong? Just when is the Japan Series supposed to start?

      --
      Bob Timmermann
      South Pasadena, CA

    • Michael Westbay
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 1998
        Bob Timmermann wrote:

        > According to the schedules that came out at the beginning of the year,
        > the season is supposed to end on 9/28. However, when I checked the
        > official Japanese baseball server, the CL season seems to go on until
        > 10/11. Has the PL not announced its makeup schedule yet? Or is the
        > server wrong? Just when is the Japan Series supposed to start?

        I believe that it is supposed to start the 17th (Saturday). But there was
        a notice in the newspaper this past week that it may be pushed back a week
        if Yokohama gets rained out any more. As it is, Yokohama is going to play
        6 days a week (except this week) up to the end.

        I think they should go to a system where they play a double header on the
        first available weekend game. But the Central League doesn't do double
        headers. (I think it's been 7 years since there's been one in the Central
        League, whereas the Pacific League has made up games with double headers
        as recently as last season.)

        I'm not sure what's up with the Pa-League. I thought that their schedule
        was announced, because Seibu has quite a few games to make up in their
        half-dome. (The radio announcers often get a kick out of rain outs at
        Seibu "Dome.") Maybe the 4 rain outs in a row there postponed the
        announcement?

        --
        Michael, Margarita, and Jobana Westbay
        Japan Pro Yakyu This Week