Strike zones

  • Leo Hinata-Yamaguchi
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2000
      I have a feeling that the strike zones varied for the Olympics2000. The main
      reason behind this is that the umpires are from all over the globe, so they
      tend to judge the way they do at home.
      For example in the Jpn vs Neth game The strike zone was fairly small,
      compared to the Jpn vs Italy game where the umpire (I think US) called it
      within a fairly big strike zone so the japanese struggled. They say that in
      this year's games they play by official international amatuer rules but I
      think the umpires called it by they'er own "Home" opinions.

      http://profiles.msn.com