Is Kittaka Cursed?

  • aladdinsane
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2000
      Well, I just found out that the plate umpire for the recent incident between Wada and
      May was our friend Kittaka. Is there some kind of black cloud following this guy around?
      Former Taiyo Whales manager Sudo Yutaka is quoted as saying that Kittaka isn't
      really handling things correctly and that Kittaka should have warned Wada before May
      took matters into his own hands. Sudo also seems to think that Kittaka should be
      demoted since he seems to have has lost his nerve in the wake of these incidents.
      And then Matsuzaka Daisuke has made statements to the Japanese press in support
      of May and that it would piss him off mightily if Wada did that to him. Matsuzaka was
      then reportedly asked if he was faced with this, would he do what May did. His reply:
      "well, my control really isn't very good (Matsuzaka leads the Pacific League in walks),"
      he said sarcastically. That statement should keep the Lotte batters loose when he faces
      them in his next start.
      http://sports.yahoo.co.jp/baseball/headlines/fuj/20000610/spo/12300000_fujispo017.html

      Gary
      http://home.earthlink.net/~aladdinsane/index.html